Back to Threads

International Sim Card

Post by yuchen La grande

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 am

Hello everyone! I'm about to go to SH recently and thinking buying an international mobile SIM card in advance. The reason is that i want to get some phone calls here in Taiwan with the Chinese numbers. I've heard there's some kind of SIM card especially for TW+HK+MACAU; however, it seems that one passport works for one set of numbers. In this case, my friend in SH can't buy me the SIM card. Is there other ways to get this kind of stuff so I won't miss the calls from SH? Or may I ask one of a Foreigner guy to buy it for me? Thanx in advance! YuChen
yuchen La grande
Newbie Member

Post by hay lyle

Wed Mar 27, 2013 05:06 am

For me personally, I just use Viber to get calls whether i am in hk or taiwan. If you are trying to save money for the callers in SH (meaning they call a local china number yet it still reaches you in TW), then why not just buy a sim card of your choice and then setup international call-forwarding via a service like phone.com?
hay lyle
Newbie Member

Post by John L

Wed Mar 27, 2013 05:20 am

When igo to tw, heres what i do: 1. I use a mainland number and turn on international roaming 2. While in tw, i can still receive text messages and calls, but just call them back with a tw number. This saves roaming costs
John L
Copper Member

Post by yuchen La grande

Wed Mar 27, 2013 07:15 am

Thank u guys so much! Well... Actually I'm looking for a job in SH so I prefer to leave a Mainland number of my own so I don't have to bother my friends all the time. I'll try to buy a local phone number and set up the stuff through the Internet. Thanx
yuchen La grande
Newbie Member

Back to Threads